Orthokine® therapy helps thousands of people around the world to get rid of annoying joint and spine pain each year – see how one of the most effective biological therapies works!
Modern Orthokine® therapy is a guarantee of successful fight against degenerative joint disease and pain in the spine. This innovative treatment method is based on injecting the patient with protective proteins that are produced and multiplied from his own blood. Because Orthokine® is an autologous therapy, there is no risk of an allergic reaction, as in the case of other methods. What makes the Orthokine® therapy stand out is safety and efficacy – the positive effects of this modern therapy are supported by many clinical tests. While qualifying the patient for the procedure, the orthopedic doctor determines the course of therapy, explains the principles of the method thoroughly and answers any Patient’s questions.
What does Orthokine® therapy involve?
Orthokine® therapy is a unique method designed to treat joint degeneration and back pain. The process involves taking the patient’s blood and injecting protective proteins obtained from their own blood. This extremely effective biological therapy has been used since 1998 in the treatment of degeneration, arthritis, back pain, low back pain, degenerative conditions of the spine and intervertebral joints, inflammation of nerve roots and muscle and tendon injury. Orthokine® therapy, which has been successfully used for over a dozen years in clinics around the world, has been developed by German scientists. This innovative treatment method is regularly described in renowned scientific journals.
Orthokine® is a therapy used in areas affected by the inflammatory process, most often caused by degenerative joint problems. The administration of a mixture of autologous protective proteins is completely safe, as the preparation does not contain foreign substances from outside the patient’s body. The procedure restores the balance in the place affected by inflammatory changes. Orthokine® therapy inhibits or completely stops the inflammatory process and the progressive destruction of tissues, resulting in a significant reduction or complete elimination of pain.
Orthokine® therapy stages
Orthokine® therapy consists of several stages:
- The doctor draws blood from the vein on the patient’s forearm, using a specialized syringe (EOT®II), whose structure is responsible for starting the process of stimulating specific cells in the collected blood to produce the proper anti-inflammatory protein.
- The collected blood is incubated for about 6 hours at 37°C and then blood serum is prepared from it.
- A mixture of proteins is obtained, among which the highest concentration is achieved by the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra), which is responsible for the inhibition of the inflammatory process at the injection site. The obtained serum is injected by a doctor into an inflamed joint.
Interleukin-1 (IL-1) is a relay protein which alerts the body’s cells about injuries, inflammations or infections. Inflammation is the correct response of the body to all kinds of injuries, and the inflammation lasting a few days becomes chronic. The interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra) obtained from the blood serum is responsible for inhibiting inflammation.
The duration of Orthokine® therapy is about 2 weeks, during which 6-8 injections are made.
Orthokine® therapy effectiveness
The effectiveness of treatment with the use of Orthokine® therapy and high tolerance of the body to therapy has been confirmed clinically in many studies. Orthokine® is one of the most important achievements of molecular orthopedics, which is based on many years of research and detailed observation of patients. The effectiveness of this therapeutic method is confirmed by the results of preclinical tests, laboratory tests and analyzes carried out by famous experts in many countries. The therapy is used in 488 licensed facilities around the world, including Wasz Ortopeda orthopedic clinic located in Szczecin. Physicians’ experience has a great impact on the effects of therapy – our orthopedic clinic is the place where the best orthopedists specializing in the treatment of Orthokine® therapy work. Currently, over one million serum injections have been administered to patients in all treatment centers.
Orthokine® therapy in a nutshell:
- Blood is taken from the vein on the patient’s forearm.
- The blood is incubated, which results in synthesis of protective proteins.
- The serum with newly formed proteins is produced from the blood of the patient.
- The obtained preparation is injected into the affected joint or around the inflammation area (about 3 times per week).
- we use specialized EOT®II syringes produced in Germany;
- depending on the condition of the patient, the effects of the therapy last for about 2 years or more;
- we are one of the few licensed centers in Poland offering Orthokine® therapy;
- the patient bears the medical expenses – the therapy is not refunded.